Had a great time making these minion cupcakes with my daughter Evelyn and her friend Mady. They loved the movies Despicable Me and Despicable Me 2. To celebrate going to see the second movie, Evelyn wanted to make these cute cupcakes after seeing them on Rosanna Pansino’s super cute Nerdy Nummies YouTube series.
They are so easy to make.
- Bake some yellow cupcakes in blue wrappers.
- Ice the cupcakes with royal blue tinted buttercream.
- Cut chilled Twinkies (or in this case Tastykake Twinkie wanna-bes) in half and use icing to stick on some Sweet Tarts for the goggles.
- Outline the goggles, add earpieces, and mouths with black icing.
- Stick in brown sprinkles for the hair
- Put the minion heads onto the iced minion bodies
- Eat them up – they are cute and delicious!
Here’s the video of Rosanna Pansino’s super cute minion cupcakes on her Nerdy Nummies YouTube series. We made ours with yellow cake instead of the banana cake shown in the video, but they were very tasty. Enjoy!